Open for the advancement of your business!
There are many opportunities for economic development through exports and Kosovo throughout the
years has increased competitiveness and shown strong potential to further expand exports of its
products and services.
Through Export Window that Kosovo Credit Guarantee Fund offers in partnership with local banks,
offering a new opportunity for businesses focused in export.
Export Window is a guarantee scheme offered by Kosovo Credit Guarantee Fund, enabling to your
business acces to finance through risk sharing with partner financial institutions.
Contact your bank to learn more about how you can benefit from Export Window.
Financial Partner Institutions of FKGK are such as: Banka Ekonomike Sh.A., Banka Kombëtare
Tregtare, Banka per Biznes Sh.A., NLB Banka Sh.A., ProCredit Bank Kosovo J.S.C., Raiffeisen Bank
Kosovo J.S.C. and Raiffeisen Leasing Kosovo.
WHICH BUSINESSES QUALIFY?
MSMEs that qualify for guarantee financing include, but are not limited to the following:
- Privately owned MSMEs, without any Government ownership during the loan coverage period
from the guarantee
- MSMEs that have business registration
- A qualified borrower must own at least one private citizen or permanent resident of Kosovo
- MSMEs with less than 250 employees
- SMMEs from the sector of production and services
- Have adapted an Environmental and Social Management System according to IFC/World Bank
Standards, which will ensure that credits will meet environmental criteria
WHICH LOANS CAN BENEFIT FROM THE EXPORT WINDOW?
Qualified Loans fullfiling the following criteria will be eligible for Export Window benefits:
- The maximum loan amount is EUR 3, 000,000 ( For Leasing maximum amount is 1,000,000
- The maximum credit exposure is EUR 5,000,000
- The maximum amount of the guarantee is EUR 500,000
- The maximum repayment period of the guaranteed loan is up to 120 months ( for Leasing the
maximum maturity is 84 months)
- The purpose of the loan can be for long-term investments as well as for working capital.
WHAT ARE THE GUARANTEE FEATURES?
- Guarantees will be provided for the amount up to 50% of the loan principal but not more than
- The maximum loss cap will be 100%
- Type of guarantee: Revolving
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE GUARANTEE?
- Increased access to finance
- Favorable credit loan conditions
- Potencially preferable interest rates
- Collateral reduction
- Faster processing time for loan applications
- Business Sustainability;
For Financial Registered institutions
Continuation of the guarantee scheme by a new capital from Government of Republic of Kosovo
- Credit risk reduction
- Capital relief
- Loss coverage
- Cost reduction on credit risk
- Increased maximum guarantee amount
- Favorable credit guarantee conditions
- Increase of credit portfolio
- Increase in incomes from sales of other products
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION AND DECISION MAKING PROCESS?
- The potential borrower (SMME) does not apply for a guarantee but applies for a loan at one of
the Financial Registered Institutions (see response to Intermediary item)
- The Financial Registered Institution after performing the usual credit analysis by applying the approval standards and if the company meets the KCGF criteria then the relevant FRI itself will
place the loan under the KCGF credit guarantee.