The Women in Business Window aims to facilitate access to finance for women entrepreneurs as well as advancing financial knowledge, a support which is expected to influence financial security, and the financial and independent empowerment of women. This window is offered with favorable conditions in terms of credit risk, to increase the confidence of Registered Financial Institutions in lending to this important segment of the market, which through financial support, will ensure market positioning, international market expansion, generatie employment as well as supporting the economic development of our country.
The special feature of this particular window is that, in addition to the financial component, it will also provide the non-financial component or the technical assistance program for Women in Business, which will be supported in terms of:
• Capacity building (financial education and formalization),
• Networking, as well
Registered Financial Institutions of KCGF are: Banka Ekonomike Sh.A., Banka Kombëtare Tregtare, Banka per Biznes Sh.A., ProCredit Bank Kosovo J.S.C, TEB Sh.A, Raiffeisen Bank Kosovo J.S.C
WHICH BUSINESSES QUALIFY?
MSMEs that qualify for guarantee financing include, but are not limited to the following:
• Privately owned MSMEs, without any Government ownership during the loan coverage period from the guarantee
• MSMEs owned or co-owned by at least one woman or led by at least one woman in an executive position
• MSMEs that have business registration,
• A qualified borrower must be a business owned/co-owned by a women and by at least one private citizen or permanent resident of Kosovo,
• MSMEs with less than 250 employees.
WHICH LOANS CAN BENEFIT FROM THE WOMEN IN BUSINESS WINDOW?
Qualified Loans fullfiling the following criteria will be eligible for the benefits of the Women in Business Window:
• The minimum loan amount is EUR 3,000
• The maximum loan amount is EUR 50,000
• The maximum amount of the guarantee is EUR 35,000
• The maximum repayment period of the guaranteed loan is up to 84 months
• The purpose of the loan can be for long-term investments as well as for working capital
WHAT ARE THE GUARANTEE FEATURES?
• Guarantees will be provided for the amount of up to 70% of the principal of the loan
• Maximum loss cap will be 30% loss
• Type of guarantee: Revolving
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE GUARANTEE?
• Increased access to finance
• More favorable conditions for women in business
• Potentially preferable interest rates
• Collateral reduction
• Faster processing time for loan applications
• Business sustainability
For Registered Financial Institutions of KCGF
• Credit Risk reduction
• Capital relief
• Loss coverage
• Increase in credit portfolio
• Increase incomes from sales of other products
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION AND DECISION-MAKING PROCESS?
• The potential borrower (MSME) does not apply for a guarantee at KCGF, but applies for a loan at one of the Registered Financial Institutions of KCGF
• The Registered Financial Institution after performing the usual credit analysis by applying the approval standards. If the borrower meets the KCGF criteria, then the relevant Registered Financial Institution itself, will place the loan under the credit guarantee of the KCGF.